The Church Symbol
The Sanctuary Cogic Watford
The Symbol of the Church Of God In Christ is an outgrowth of the Presiding Bishop's Coat of Arms which has become quite familiar to the Church. The design of the Official Seal of the Church was created in 1973 and adopted in the General Assembly in 1981 (April Session).
The obvious GARNERED WHEAT
represents all of the people of
The ROPE of wheat which holds
Founding Father of the Church,
who, at the call of the Lord,
Brotherhood of Churches in the
of the Church in 1907.
The date in the seal has a two-
that Bishop Mason received the
March 1907; and, secondly, to tell
in the centre of the seal
the Church Of God In Christ, Inc.
the shaft together represents the
Bishop Charles Harrison Mason, banded us together as a First Pentecostal General Assembly
fold purpose; firstly, to tell us
baptism of the Holy Ghost in
us that it was because of this
outpouring that Bishop Mason was compelled to call us together in November of 1907, to organize the Church Of God In Christ.
The RAIN in the background represents the Latter Rain or the End-time Revivals which brought about the emergence of our Church along with other Pentecostal Holiness Bodies in the same era. The rain also serves as a challenge to the Church to keep Christ in the centre of our worship and service, so that He may continue to use the Church Of God In Christ as one of the vehicles of Pentecostal Revival before the return of the Lord.